At Metro Waste Systems, We Strive to Make Recycling Easy and Convenient.
One container makes recycling much easier! All you need to do is place your recyclables in the container, and we'll do the rest.
Click Here to Download Our Recycle Flyer
It is important that when recycling, you ensure your recyclables are EMPTY, CLEAN and DRY. Make sure they are LOOSE and NOT IN BAGS.
Otherwise they may not be accepted for recycling by the recycling center.
- Plastic Bottles and Containers - Turn the product over, look for the number inside the triangle. Numbers 1-7 are recyclable. Water bottles, yogurt containers, food containers. Please make sure it's clean.
- Paper - Newspaper, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, cereal boxes, frozen food boxes, phone books, are all examples.
- Cardboard - Shipping boxes, file folders, poster board, cardboard boxes, shipping boxes, shoe boxes. Please break down boxes so that more recyclable material can fit in your bin.
- Metal Cans - Soda, vegetable, fruit, soup or tuna cans made of steel, tin, or aluminum.
- Glass - Beverage containers and glass food jars. If glass item is broken, please place it in a cardboard box next to the recycle bin so our workers will know to be careful.
Items that Should NEVER be mixed with Regular Recycling:
|Dirty Food Containers||Syringes or Medical Waste|
|Diapers||Human or Pet Waste|
|Styrofoam||Motor Oil Bottles|
|Paint||Ceramics or Dishes|
|Grass or Yard Waste||Plastic Bags|
|Pizza Boxes||Light bulbs, Mirrors|
|Aerosol Cans||Coat Hangers|