At Metro Waste Systems, We Strive to Make Recycling Easy and Convenient.
Update: Starting Monday, September 17, 2018, all recycling must be loose in the recycling container. We will no longer service bagged recycling. This is due to the new WM Recycling Facility we are using. They require all recycling be loose, for ease of separation and better recycling efforts.
One container makes recycling much easier! All you need to do is place your recyclables in the container, and we'll do the rest.
It is important that when recycling, you ensure your recyclables make sure they are LOOSE and NOT IN BAGS. Also that they are EMPTY, CLEAN and DRY.
Otherwise they may not be accepted for recycling by the recycling center.
Please Click Here to view our Recycle Guide.
- Plastic Bottles and Containers - Turn the product over, look for the number inside the triangle. Numbers 1-7 are recyclable. Water bottles, yogurt containers, food containers. Please make sure it's clean.
- Paper - Newspaper, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, cereal boxes, frozen food boxes, phone books, are all examples.
- Cardboard - Shipping boxes, file folders, poster board, cardboard boxes, shipping boxes, shoe boxes. Please break down boxes so that more recyclable material can fit in your bin.
- Metal Cans - Soda, vegetable, fruit, soup or tuna cans made of steel, tin, or aluminum.
- Glass - Beverage containers and glass food jars. If glass item is broken, please place it in a cardboard box next to the recycle bin so our workers will know to be careful.
Items that Should NEVER be mixed with Recycling:
|- Dirty Food Containers||- Syringes or Medical Waste|
|- Diapers||- Human or Pet Waste|
|- Styrofoam||- Motor Oil Bottles|
|- Batteries||- Garden Hoses|
|- Paint||- Ceramics or Dishes|
|- Grass or Yard Waste||- Plastic Bags|
|- Pizza Boxes||- Light bulbs, Mirrors|
|- Aerosol Cans||- Coat Hangers|